Sunday, September 19, 2010

Excuses, Excuses


Let's see...........I could come up with several, I'm sure. But I'll spare you those details and get on to the more exciting stuff!
These boys, these boys. We seriously laugh all the time, every day. They are doing so many new and cute things, it's truly amazing. They are talking, following directions, eating with utensils, etc, etc. The baby days seem so far behind us! The other day I was showing Blakey a picture of himself that my sister had sent me. After looking at it for a while, he began pointing and gesturing for me to put it on the refrigerator, where we keep several family photos. A little while later, Nicolas noticed the new picture and I said, "Look, it's Blakey." He grabbed the picture off the frig and began to run around the house repeating "Blakey, Blakey, Blakey" over and over and over again. It was the first time he said his name and now if I say "call Blakey", I get a very clear and classic "BLAKEY!". Now, the name Nicolas, on the other hand, is a bit harder to say so neither one has said that one yet.





The boys started watching Sesame Street a few weeks ago and they are HOOKED! Elmo is now a household name that they both can say VERY WELL! Blakey carries Elmo around everywhere and even feeds Elmo when he's hungry. Today Elmo ate more grapes than Blakey!

















Last Monday we started a tumbling class. The class consists of some stretching, somersaults, and exploring balance beams, trampolines, etc. At the end, the teacher put on some music and Nicolas was completely in his element. This boy starts clapping and dancing upon hearing music instantly. I tried to bring him back to the class, but he insisted on staying right in front of the boom box and dancing on his own little stage.

It's really amazing to us how much language the boys are understanding now. We are even to the point where we have to spell some words out so they don't know what we are saying. Most things they understand in both English and Spanish, which is very exciting for us. One of Blakey's favorite words is "bye". He knows that when I say it, something exciting is about to happen next and he runs to the door to leave. Today he must have been trying to tell me that he was bored because he kept running around the house saying "bye, bye". I captured it on video and then we went off to our little neighborhood park for a bit.




Fall is upon us now and we are really looking forward to all the things this time of year brings. Football season has started and the boys have already nailed their "touchdown"sign and they even repeat the word back to us when we say it. We are planning our Halloween costumes and making holiday plans.
Hope you are all well and I promise we'll be back before the new year! ;)
Rebeca

No comments: