OMG, so much has been going on around here that I've been putting off blogging because I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll let the pictures tell you about the last few weeks around here!
We finally had to face the reality that our "babies" needed a trimming of the hair. Fortunately our neighbor cuts hair in her garage and so we took the boys over there on a Saturday morning. She trimmed their bangs and the sides but we couldn't cut the back. It was only a few weeks ago, but Blakey is already needing his bangs trimmed again!
Our neighbor was great. She somehow managed to follow the boys around with her trimmers and still cut their hair evenly! A true pro!

At our last Dr's visit, he asked me if the boys had started putting pen to paper. Uh, no. Bad mom guilt struck and set off to buy some jumbo crayons and paper. I am a teacher after all, I should know these things, right? Well, the first few tries with crayons led to Blakey gaging on them and Nico not interested at all. But now, all of sudden, they seem interested in markers. I guess crayons were just too boring! While some ink does get on the paper, MOST of it gets on their skin.
How did that blue marker taste, Blakey?

Blue-eyed mom (silly sunglasses) with her blue-eyed boy.
Nicolas has taken on a great interest in anything resembling a brush- toothbrushes, brooms, dog brushes, hair brushes,etc. Here he is somehow managing to carry all of his important gear!

Nico was so busy sweeping, he didn't realize his diaper was halfway off!
Now I'm not sure if being a ham is a result of nature or nurture, but these boys definitely know what to do when the camera is out! (especially Blakey) He was giving me all of these cute looks the other day that I just couldn't help snapping shots!

Circle time (Nico looking a little tired!)
Opa Cay helping Blakey on a new toy
Grandpa Bob helping the boys teeter


Blakey gets tired too but he generally doesn't sleep in the car.
Big Boys Now



A few parting shots
Nico trying on some new shoes.

Catch the bubbles Blakey!
oops.............

We finally had to face the reality that our "babies" needed a trimming of the hair. Fortunately our neighbor cuts hair in her garage and so we took the boys over there on a Saturday morning. She trimmed their bangs and the sides but we couldn't cut the back. It was only a few weeks ago, but Blakey is already needing his bangs trimmed again!
Our neighbor was great. She somehow managed to follow the boys around with her trimmers and still cut their hair evenly! A true pro!
At our last Dr's visit, he asked me if the boys had started putting pen to paper. Uh, no. Bad mom guilt struck and set off to buy some jumbo crayons and paper. I am a teacher after all, I should know these things, right? Well, the first few tries with crayons led to Blakey gaging on them and Nico not interested at all. But now, all of sudden, they seem interested in markers. I guess crayons were just too boring! While some ink does get on the paper, MOST of it gets on their skin.
How did that blue marker taste, Blakey?
Blue-eyed mom (silly sunglasses) with her blue-eyed boy.
Nicolas has taken on a great interest in anything resembling a brush- toothbrushes, brooms, dog brushes, hair brushes,etc. Here he is somehow managing to carry all of his important gear!
Nico was so busy sweeping, he didn't realize his diaper was halfway off!
Now I'm not sure if being a ham is a result of nature or nurture, but these boys definitely know what to do when the camera is out! (especially Blakey) He was giving me all of these cute looks the other day that I just couldn't help snapping shots!
I walked from the kitchen into the "playroom" (former living room) the other day and found the two boys just hanging together like this.

Really, it doesn't get much cuter than this!
We had a lovely visit from both Grandpas, Opa Cay and Grandma Nancy. We decided to take advantage of all of these adults and we took the boys to the zoo for the first time. They LOVED it!

Our first stop was the flamingo enclosure. They just seemed in awe that a bird could be so big and so stinky!

Nicolas was not afraid of the snakes at all!

"wow mom, those are really big meow-meows!"

Family shot
The cousins
The boys' first carousel ride
The boys and I have been going to a four week "mommy and me" class at a preschool nearby. (I guess it's "mommy and us" class in our circumstance.) My dad and stepmom were in town for the first class so I brought them along for the support. The boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our "school". They are in a classroom with about 12 other children around their age. They have all kinds of cool, new toys and it's so fun to watch them explore and socialize with other little ones!

Blakey "painting"


Really, it doesn't get much cuter than this!
We had a lovely visit from both Grandpas, Opa Cay and Grandma Nancy. We decided to take advantage of all of these adults and we took the boys to the zoo for the first time. They LOVED it!

Our first stop was the flamingo enclosure. They just seemed in awe that a bird could be so big and so stinky!

Nicolas was not afraid of the snakes at all!

"wow mom, those are really big meow-meows!"

Family shot
Overall, it was a great trip to the zoo. I don't have any pictures of it but we were able to feed the giraffes. Nicolas couldn't get enough of the "dog-dogs" (which is what he calls every animal). He was all smiles. Blakey, on the other hand, was a little nervous and liked to look at them from a distance. He preferred the elephants for sure. I can't wait to go back again!
After the extended Fassett family left, my sister and the kids came out from Arizona. We took a trip out to the harbor.
The cousins
The boys' first carousel rideThe boys and I have been going to a four week "mommy and me" class at a preschool nearby. (I guess it's "mommy and us" class in our circumstance.) My dad and stepmom were in town for the first class so I brought them along for the support. The boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our "school". They are in a classroom with about 12 other children around their age. They have all kinds of cool, new toys and it's so fun to watch them explore and socialize with other little ones!

Blakey "painting"

Nico exploring a new "house"

Circle time (Nico looking a little tired!)
Opa Cay helping Blakey on a new toy
Grandpa Bob helping the boys teeterThis next two pictures show what happens after class on the way home.


Blakey gets tired too but he generally doesn't sleep in the car.
Big Boys Now
These boys are doing so many big boy things like eating an apple from the core and eating food with a fork!



Toddlers- a dog's best friend
Believe it or not, but Nico has proved to be more of the fearless one of the two. When we are at a park, he climbs to the top of the HIGHEST play structure and goes down REALLY big slides with a huge smile on his face. He latest trick is grabbing onto a bar, lifting up his legs, and swinging back and forth! He gives me a heart attack each and every time he does it!
Blakey is a bit more cautious but he must of overheard a conversation Jeff and I had about them a little while ago. We were noticing that it seemed like Nicolas was "talking" more than Blakey. Well, not anymore!! That boy is talking ALL THE TIME. He points to things and says something in his toddler lingo. He tries to copy various sound effects that we make. He talks to Nico and Nico talks back. Really, it is just adorable.
We are really having fun watching them turn into little people.
We have another fun weekend ahead of us with friends coming to visit. We will be making our first trip to the water park!
Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as we are!
hugs,
Rebeca
A few parting shots
Nico trying on some new shoes.
Catch the bubbles Blakey!
oops.............



1 comment:
Hi Beca, Jeffrey, Nico and BB/RR (Road Runner)
Great pictures. We are glad you are taking a lot...the kids grow up so fast. We had a great time visiting, but it was too short. We will try to come to see the monkeys as soon as we can.
Please keep the blog with the lastest news, we really enjoy reading your adventures.
Love, Dad and Cay
XXXXXXXXXXX
Post a Comment