Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy News

We had our weekly appt today and we have good news to report! First and foremost, my cervix is holding tight and has not changed since last week. The Dr was happy about that. Second, the boys are growing nicely. Baby A, who we will formally announce as Nicolas Riley, is a whopping 2 pounds! (He is actually ahead of schedule!) Baby B, also known as Blake Taylor, is a healthy 1 lb, 8 ozs. He is right on track! I've been so worried about their growth because I've had such a hard time eating. Somehow they are getting bigger even though I am not gaining weight. We did meet with a dietitian who works at the Dr's office and she gave us some suggestions on how to "fatten me up".

As far as our names go, each one has special meaning. Nicolas is a name I have always loved, partly because it sounds so nice in English and Spanish. We decided to spell it the Latin way as a tribute to my Hispanic heritage. His nickname will be Nico (pronounced Nee-co). Riley is a family name on Jeff's side of the family. His paternal grandfather and great grandfather were Riley's.

Blake is Jeff's middle name. We like it because it's very masculine sounding and can't really be shortened. Taylor is my maiden name and we thought it sounded nice with Blake.

Many people have told us that we are brave to announce the names so soon. We would love comments, but we have no intention of changing them at this point!

Hope you are all well!

Love- Rebeca
48 days and counting................................................

4 comments:

Hillary Taylor said...

Rebeca, I love the names! and I am so glad to hear that your boys are growing and doing well. And that your cervix is staying put!!! We are, and will continue to, be praying for your health and that of your boys, or I should say of Nicolas and Blake! Hang in there... I know it must be tough to be on bed rest... but it will be worth it to keep those two precious little boys in there as long as possible!

Rebeca said...

Thanks Hillary! I don't know how you did this pregnancy thing 4 times!

Hillary Taylor said...

Well, I was never pregnant with twins!!!

lynda said...

Hello Rebeca, I am finally able to remark on your blog. =)